PayAlt: App for shopping with crypto
Re-imagining how cryptocurrency is spent.
- Shop any ecommerce site paying with crypto
- Use Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum and Litcoin to shop and pay bills.
- Enjoy real time rate conversions at the time of payment for best rates possible.
Ease of use and adoption
As crypto is being accepted and used more we needed an easy seamless way to convert fiat to digital funds in real time generating a virtual visa card to pay.
- Control and inject data into a users browser (webview) leaving options, for desktop, of a chrome extension or electronjs.
- Autofill user data for address, city, state, zip along with CC autofill of card #, exp, and cvv
- Serve the electronjs desktop app in the browser so user does not need to download desktop app.
With crypto being somewhat new there were not a lot of options for us to provide.
- Control user browser, inject autofill data, for flexibility of the apps future we used electronjs.
- Since coding autofill for every ecommerce site is not a logical solution and would take years to accomplish we went the direction of maching learning to accomplish this task and ended up with an autofill with 90%+ accuracy worldwide, in different languages.
- Our client did not want for the users to have to download an app and wanted that our desktop application be served in a browser tab. We were able to do this using apache guacamole which gave us one source code to upkeep for one OS and unique sessions for each user who opened our app url in the browser.
Frontend and backend
Various technologies and API's were used to deliver the project.
- Electronjs – app
- Nodejs – backend
- MongoDB for app
- Coinbase API, Aliantpayments API, PEX virtual card API
- WordPress – Frontend site with MySQL DB